2013 Discover You Can Participants Announced
Posted On: April 26, 2013
We are excited to announce the winners of the 2013 Discover You Can Learn Make Share℠ program. Thirty FMC member farmers market organizations have been selected by the Farmers Market Coalition and Jarden Home Brands, makers of Ball® Brand Fresh Preserving Products, to take part in this summer’s canning education program.
The selected 30 organizations will receive a canning starter kit including Ball® Brand products and outreach materials to help educate their community on the benefits of buying and preserving local, seasonal food.
We want to thank all applicants for their interest in the Discover You Can Learn Make Share℠ program. The program received many submissions and we were impressed by each and every manager’s commitment to their market’s educational mission, especially at this busy time of year!
If your organization was not selected this year, there are plenty of ways to continue to teach sustainable, healthy living and to get your community involved in home canning. Visit FreshPreserving.com to download how-to videos and guides, recipes, tips and more that can be used on your own program.
We look forward to sharing the innovative programs that the participating markets produce this year!
- Bellingham Farmers Market, Bellingham WA
- Bushwick Farmers Market, Brooklyn NY
- City Market, Kansas City MO
- CitySeed, New Haven CT
- Community Farmers Market, Bowling Green KY
- Countryside Conservancy, Peninsula OH
- Downtown Evanston Farmers Market, Evanston IL
- Downtown Farmer Market, Salt Lake City UT
- Durham Farmers Market, Durham NC
- Farmers Market Association of Toledo, Toledo OH
- Greater Springfield Farmers Market, Springfield MO
- Green City Market, Chicago IL
- Hub City Farmers Market, Spartanburg SC
- Lancaster Market, Lancaster NY
- Las Vegas Farmers Market, Las Vegas NV
- Mainstreet Farmers Market, Statesboro GA
- Minnetrista Farmers Market, Muncie IN
- Moscow Farmers Market, Moscow ID
- Neighborhood Farmers Market, Seattle WA
- New Orleans Food & Farm Network, New Orleans LA
- North Central Texas Farmers Market/Cowtown Farmers Market, Fort Worth TX
- Omaha Farmers Market, Omaha NE
- Oregon City Farmers Market, Oregon City OR
- Pleasantville Farmers Market, Pleasantville NY
- Rochester Downtown Farmers Market, Rochester MN
- SD Weekly Markets, San Diego CA
- Seacoast Eat Local, Exeter & Dover NH
- Smart Markets, Fairfax VA
- Teller County Farmers Market, Woodland Park CO
- Ypsilanti Farmers Market, Ypsilanti MI