Welcome to the Farmers Market Coalition Resource Library, an ever-growing database of resources for farmers, market managers and researchers. These resources were developed by a wide spectrum of organizations, agencies, and academic institutions, and we are grateful for the spirit of sharing which allows us to bring a variety of tools to your table in one searchable portal. We hope you find them useful and consider submitting resources of your own for the benefit of the farmers market community.
Browse by Category
- Boards, Mission, and Governance (27)
- Farm Business and Marketing (30)
- Farm Inspection and Enforcement (27)
- Food Safety and Handling (18)
- Funding and Grants (16)
- Insurance, Liability, and Licensing (21)
- Management and Operations (90)
- Market Start-up and Development (40)
- Other (2)
- Promotion, Outreach, and Special Events (36)
- Public Policies (21)
- Rules and Vendor Applications (25)
- SNAP/EBT and Nutrition Programs (62)
- State Association Development (9)
- Surveys, Evaluation (66)
- Vendor Fees and Market Finances (14)
These resources were developed with the support of a USDA Farmers’ Market Promotion Program grant, GROW Windham and the Willimantic Farmers’ Market.
The website development guide was prepared by Christopher Brechlin, from Blueprint for Impact. The guide outlines how to set up a farmers’ market website.
The Business Planning Guide was developed with the support of a USDA Farmers’ Market Promotion Program grant, GROW Windham and the Willimantic Farmers’ Market.
The business planning guide was developed by Joe Bonelli, an extension educator through the University of Connecticut. The guide is designed to help individuals interested in farming decide if it is right for them and to start their business.
The Bilingual Market Toolkit was developed with the support of a USDA Farmers’ Market Promotion Program grant, GROW Windham and the Willimantic Farmers’ Market.
The toolkit provides examples of our materials that promote the farmers’ market in both English and Spanish.