The Farmers Market Coalition (FMC) is singularly dedicated to the advancement of farmers markets as complex entities that simultaneously provide services to farmers, consumers, and communities. The organization is under the leadership of a diverse group of professionals who represent our broad spectrum of members– including farmers market managers, farmers, farmers market producers, market sponsors and supporters, and farmers market associations, as well as organizations, universities, governmental agencies, businesses and individuals with an interest in advocating for farmers markets. A member pledges to support the FMC mission and to actively promote the philosophy of sharing information, resources, and experiences among FMC members.
- A voice and a vote in membership meetings and Board of Directors elections
- Representation at the table with federal agencies and organizations which provide funding for farmers markets and establish national policy, and advocacy opportunities
- An electronic subscription to the market beet, our seasonal electronic newsletter
- Access to a volunteer team of farmers market practitioners to help answer your most important questions
- Access to regular member-only webinars on timely education topics and opportunities to have your questions answered live by experts.
- Access to National Farmers Market Week promotional tools
- A special ‘Proud member’ badge for your organization’s web site, which links your visitors directly to FMC’s valuable resources
- Knowing that membership supports the FMC listserv and the continued development of the Farmers Market Resource Library and FAQs
- Access to member-only Directors’ & Officers’ Insurance Policy for nonprofit farmers market organizations through Campbell Risk Management
- Access to affordable producer liability insurance coverage through Campbell Risk Management
- Opportunities to participate in special member-only programs like Discover You Can
- Knowing that your contribution improves our ability to respond to farmers markets’ needs today, tomorrow, and in years to come
Membership dues are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed under IRS 501(c)(3) law. Should you have specific questions about membership, please use our contact form.