TA Services: Trainings, Workshops, and Presentations
Every year, FMC assists organizations and agencies in planning workshop agendas, developing resource sheets, and creating and giving presentations designed to improve professional skills, facilitate dialogue, and engage farmers market managers and producers. FMC can help you develop customized curricula for trainings and workshops by identifying examples, recommending best practices, and organizing information in a way your audience will remember.
Short Courses and Pre-Conference Tracks
- ‘Expanding SNAP in Farmers Markets’ course at Community Food Security Conference (November 2012)
- ‘SNAP at Farmers Markets: Logistics, Partners & Evaluating Success’ workshop at Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture Conference (February 2012)
- Farmers Market Management training (1.5 days) at Southern Sustainable Agriculture Working Group Conference (January 2009)
- ‘Farmers Market Success’ dual-track course at Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture Conference (February 2009) Farmers Market Success pre-conference track
Keynotes and Presentations
- ‘Fuel for Change: Investing in Local Food as an Engine for Economic Development and Entrepreneurship’ at USDA Rural Development Conference, Greenville, TN (April 2013)
- ‘Too Small to Fail?’ At the Michigan Farmers Market Association Conference, East Lansing, MI (March 2013)
- ‘Integrity at the Core: Making Farmers Come First at Farmers Markets’ at Appalachian Regional Commission Conference, Asheville, NC (April 2012)
- ‘Integrity at Farmers Markets: Putting Farmers First’ Keynote presentation at British Columbia Association of Farmers Markets Conference (March 2012)
- ‘Farmers Markets: Hubs of Healthy Habits & Entrepreneurial Empowerment’ at Weight of the Nation Conference, Washington, DC (May 2012)
- ‘The Power of Coopertition’ at Farmers Market Federation of Massachusetts Farmers Markets Conference (March 2010)
- ‘Building the Sustainable Table: Strategies for Farmers Market Learning & Leadership’ at Risk Management Education Conference, Reno, NV (March 2009)
- ‘Successful Farmers Markets From the Ground Up: Mastering the “Four Ms”’ at National Main Streets Conference (March 2009)
In addition, FMC staff and board members have given compelling and informative keynote addresses and workshops at state farmers market conferences and workshops in Florida, Maryland, Washington, Illinois, Maine, Minnesota, Ohio, and Louisiana.
The Farmers Market Technical Assistance (TA) Network Program is a fee based consulting service for farmers markets, their partners, and organizations seeking to understand and support them. Up-to-date FMC member organizations are eligible for one hour of free technical assistance.
Want help planning your next conference? Fill out FMC’s Technical Assistance Services Information Request Form so that we can begin discussing how to make your next training event a success!