2018 Kansas Farmers Market Regional Workshops: Feb. 1st & 2nd
Posted On: January 11, 2018
“The Kansas Department of Agriculture, K-State Research and Extension and the Kansas Department of Health and Environment will host a regional workshop in Colby on Thursday, Feb. 1, 2018. This is the first of five regional workshops which are being hosted by KDA and KSRE this year to assist farmers’ market vendors and managers.”
Topics will include:
- Marketing and Pricing Tips
- Growing in High Tunnels 101
- Regulations on Selling Meat, Eggs and Poultry Direct to Consumer
- SNAP Program and Sales Tax for Vendors
- Vendor Marketing and Communications
- Food Safety Inspection Requirements
- Kansas Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program Certified Farmer Training
Learn more via the Hay’s Post article.
Register on the From the Land of Kansas workshop webpage.
For more info, contact Lexi Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Feb. 2nd Conference will take place in Great Bend at Trinity Lutheran Church. For more info and to register, click here.