Community Orchard Project Funds available through USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant
Posted On: November 9, 2018
“The North Dakota Department of Agriculture is pleased to announce that grant funds are available to begin a community or school orchard/garden project. Grants from $500 to $7,500 will be available on a competitive basis. These grants are funded through a USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant award.
Some of the goals that we hope schools and community partners adopt include:
- Providing educational opportunities to communities about planting, growing and maintaining specialty crops.
- Connecting people to fruits, trees and nature
- Increased community engagement
- Increased awareness in specialty crops
- Service learning opportunities
Deadline: Grant applications must be received by January 11, 2019
A decision on the grant requests is expected to be made by March 2019.”