Welcome to the Farmers Market Coalition Resource Library, an ever-growing database of resources for farmers, market managers and researchers. These resources were developed by a wide spectrum of organizations, agencies, and academic institutions, and we are grateful for the spirit of sharing which allows us to bring a variety of tools to your table in one searchable portal. We hope you find them useful and consider submitting resources of your own for the benefit of the farmers market community.
Browse by Category
- Boards, Mission, and Governance (26)
- Farm Business and Marketing (46)
- Farm Inspection and Enforcement (27)
- Food Safety and Handling (35)
- Funding and Grants (18)
- Insurance, Liability, and Licensing (24)
- Management and Operations (104)
- Market Start-up and Development (62)
- Other (5)
- Promotion, Outreach, and Special Events (48)
- Public Policies (29)
- Rules and Vendor Applications (26)
- SNAP/EBT and Nutrition Programs (76)
- State Association Development (9)
- Surveys, Evaluation (75)
- Vendor Fees and Market Finances (14)
Offering a tour of your market helps new shoppers feel comfortable and welcome. In helping people to become familiar with the market, they are far more likely to become regular shoppers. The Appalachian Sustainable Agriculture Project put together a guide on offering market tours, downloadable at the link below
This booklet is the result of asking the question, “What can we do to increase sales and attendance at our market?”, reports the results from using our market as a “living lab” to systematically test ideas to answer this question.
A form to request services from USDA AMS’ Wholesale Market Design Architectural Services consisting of initial design and plan evaluation for the construction or remodeling of wholesale markets, farmers markets, public markets and food hubs.