Welcome to the Farmers Market Coalition Resource Library, an ever-growing database of resources for farmers, market managers and researchers. These resources were developed by a wide spectrum of organizations, agencies, and academic institutions, and we are grateful for the spirit of sharing which allows us to bring a variety of tools to your table in one searchable portal. We hope you find them useful and consider submitting resources of your own for the benefit of the farmers market community.
Browse by Category
- Boards, Mission, and Governance (27)
- Farm Business and Marketing (30)
- Farm Inspection and Enforcement (27)
- Food Safety and Handling (18)
- Funding and Grants (16)
- Insurance, Liability, and Licensing (21)
- Management and Operations (90)
- Market Start-up and Development (40)
- Other (2)
- Promotion, Outreach, and Special Events (36)
- Public Policies (21)
- Rules and Vendor Applications (25)
- SNAP/EBT and Nutrition Programs (64)
- State Association Development (9)
- Surveys, Evaluation (68)
- Vendor Fees and Market Finances (14)
The Food Trust conducts focus groups with SNAP participants to understand their perceptions of farmers’ markets and how we can improve our reach and impact. The groups explore SNAP customers’ shopping behaviors, perceived barriers and marketing strategies to better serve the SNAP population.
With funding from the USDA Food and Nutrition Service’s Farmers Market SNAP Support Grants (FMSSG), five market organizations employed focus groups in 2016 to refine their SNAP marketing strategy and uncover any remaining barriers for SNAP shoppers at farmers markets.This case study profiles those efforts and includes links to available resources and contact information.
Guide to counting shoppers using RMA or walkthrough methods.