Welcome to the Farmers Market Coalition Resource Library, an ever-growing database of resources for farmers, market managers and researchers. These resources were developed by a wide spectrum of organizations, agencies, and academic institutions, and we are grateful for the spirit of sharing which allows us to bring a variety of tools to your table in one searchable portal. We hope you find them useful and consider submitting resources of your own for the benefit of the farmers market community.
Browse by Category
- Boards, Mission, and Governance (26)
- Farm Business and Marketing (46)
- Farm Inspection and Enforcement (27)
- Food Safety and Handling (39)
- Funding and Grants (19)
- Insurance, Liability, and Licensing (24)
- Management and Operations (105)
- Market Start-up and Development (62)
- Other (6)
- Promotion, Outreach, and Special Events (49)
- Public Policies (29)
- Rules and Vendor Applications (26)
- SNAP/EBT and Nutrition Programs (78)
- State Association Development (9)
- Surveys, Evaluation (78)
- Vendor Fees and Market Finances (14)
Presenters from Greenmarket and the Farmers Market Federation of New York.
Sowing Value, Reaping Rewards: Recruitment, Services, and Administrative Systems for Successful Membership Organizations
Brian Snyder and Michele Gauger, Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture & Jeff Cole, Federation of Massachusetts Farmers Markets
- Download the handouts (PDF)
The report is an in-depth study of current market conditions, including supply and demand. It examines characteristics of successful markets, identifies underserved areas, analyzes the markets’ economic impact, and offers recommendations for an expanded City role in fostering market growth. All Portland market managers, more than 50 local farmers, and peer communities were consulted.The report includes Economic Impact, Expansion Prospects, Five Market Profiles,Market Demand Potential, Market Influence Map, Market Locations Map, Market Manager Interview Summary, Peer Communities, Direct Market Economic Analysis, Potential Public Role, Producer Interviews, and a Site Evaluation Tool.