Welcome to the Farmers Market Coalition Resource Library, an ever-growing database of resources for farmers, market managers and researchers. These resources were developed by a wide spectrum of organizations, agencies, and academic institutions, and we are grateful for the spirit of sharing which allows us to bring a variety of tools to your table in one searchable portal. We hope you find them useful and consider submitting resources of your own for the benefit of the farmers market community.
Browse by Category
- Anti-Racism Work (18)
- Boards, Mission, and Governance (26)
- Emergency Response (48)
- Evaluation (90)
- Farm Business and Marketing (50)
- Farm Inspection and Enforcement (27)
- Food Justice (17)
- Food Safety and Handling (41)
- Funding and Grants (24)
- Insurance, Liability, and Licensing (24)
- Management and Operations (130)
- Market Start-up and Development (62)
- Other (9)
- Promotion, Outreach, and Special Events (57)
- Public Policies (37)
- Rules and Vendor Applications (28)
- SNAP/EBT and Nutrition Programs (88)
- State Association Development (11)
- Vendor Fees and Market Finances (14)
- Webinars (10)
An example of by-laws for a market initiated and governed by producers.
This strategic plan, and stakeholder input profiles, were published in 2011 after the City of Urbana facilitated a first-ever strategic planning process to assist in planning the Market’s growth and future.
This chart, developed by the Farmers Market Coalition, shows the differences in various tax exempt designations and example qualifying market activities for each.