Welcome to the Farmers Market Coalition Resource Library, an ever-growing database of resources for farmers, market managers and researchers. These resources were developed by a wide spectrum of organizations, agencies, and academic institutions, and we are grateful for the spirit of sharing which allows us to bring a variety of tools to your table in one searchable portal. We hope you find them useful and consider submitting resources of your own for the benefit of the farmers market community.
Browse by Category
- Boards, Mission, and Governance (26)
- Emergency Response (3)
- COVID-19 (3)
- Evaluation (89)
- Farm Business and Marketing (46)
- Farm Inspection and Enforcement (27)
- Food Safety and Handling (40)
- Funding and Grants (22)
- Insurance, Liability, and Licensing (24)
- Management and Operations (114)
- Market Start-up and Development (62)
- Other (11)
- Promotion, Outreach, and Special Events (56)
- Public Policies (40)
- Rules and Vendor Applications (27)
- SNAP/EBT and Nutrition Programs (82)
- State Association Development (11)
- Vendor Fees and Market Finances (14)
Pleasantville Farmers Market Public Statement on COVID-19
Letter, urging Secretary Ross to affirm Certified Farmers’ Markets’ essential role and equate them with grocery stores for the purposes of COVID19 containment policies.
Incentives bring seniors to the market, increase SFMNP redemptions. The Crescent City Farmers Market, run by nonprofit organization Market Umbrella, in partnership with the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry (LDAF) and with the Archdiocese of New Orleans, implemented a successful educational program and incentive campaign (Market Match) to improve vulnerable seniors’ knowledge about fresh market produce, encourage them to broaden their food environment, and get them excited about healthful eating.