Welcome to the Farmers Market Coalition Resource Library, an ever-growing database of resources for farmers, market managers and researchers. These resources were developed by a wide spectrum of organizations, agencies, and academic institutions, and we are grateful for the spirit of sharing which allows us to bring a variety of tools to your table in one searchable portal. We hope you find them useful and consider submitting resources of your own for the benefit of the farmers market community.
Browse by Category
- Boards, Mission, and Governance (26)
- Farm Business and Marketing (45)
- Farm Inspection and Enforcement (27)
- Food Safety and Handling (35)
- Funding and Grants (18)
- Insurance, Liability, and Licensing (23)
- Management and Operations (102)
- Market Start-up and Development (59)
- Other (5)
- Promotion, Outreach, and Special Events (45)
- Public Policies (29)
- Rules and Vendor Applications (26)
- SNAP/EBT and Nutrition Programs (74)
- State Association Development (9)
- Surveys, Evaluation (74)
- Vendor Fees and Market Finances (14)
The Nebraska Farmers Market Online Database allows consumers to locate Nebraska farmers markets and produce growers.
This study examines responses from three focus groups and two online surveys of in state and out-of-state food consumers in Vermont to determine the frequency, motivation, and barriers of shopping at direct markets.
The primary objectives of this price comparison study are threefold:
1. Establish an overview of prices at farmers’ markets that consumers can
expect to encounter in Vermont, and how they compare with grocery store
2. Utilize the pricing data to formulate more effective outreach efforts for EBT
beneficiaries who may be reluctant to visit farmers’ markets due to the
perception that prices at farmers’ markets are higher. For example,
identifying periods of the growing season when farmers’ markets prices are
particularly low or identifying specific produce prices that are particularly
low can better inform purchasing decisions by EBT users.
3. Provide farmers’ market producers and market managers with robust pricing
data that can inform their pricing decisions