Welcome to the Farmers Market Coalition Resource Library, an ever-growing database of resources for farmers, market managers and researchers. These resources were developed by a wide spectrum of organizations, agencies, and academic institutions, and we are grateful for the spirit of sharing which allows us to bring a variety of tools to your table in one searchable portal. We hope you find them useful and consider submitting resources of your own for the benefit of the farmers market community.
Browse by Category
- Boards, Mission, and Governance (26)
- Farm Business and Marketing (45)
- Farm Inspection and Enforcement (27)
- Food Safety and Handling (35)
- Funding and Grants (18)
- Insurance, Liability, and Licensing (23)
- Management and Operations (102)
- Market Start-up and Development (59)
- Other (5)
- Promotion, Outreach, and Special Events (45)
- Public Policies (29)
- Rules and Vendor Applications (26)
- SNAP/EBT and Nutrition Programs (74)
- State Association Development (9)
- Surveys, Evaluation (74)
- Vendor Fees and Market Finances (14)
While advertising may not be a typical marketing strategy for traditional farming operations, farmers and agri-entrepreneurs involved in direct-marketing, value-added or agritourism enterprises should include advertising in their marketing plan. These entrepreneurs need to become familiar with advertising fundamentals and concepts.
Does my Market need to be registered with the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food (UDAF)?
What are my responsibilities for the safety of foods being sold at my market?
The local Boy Scouts want to use my market to sell cookies they baked as a fund raiser. Can I let them?
Find answers to these questions (and many more) in this FAQ created by the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food.