Farm Bureau Ag Innovation Challenge Offers $145K in Startup Funds for Entrepreneurs
Posted On: August 17, 2018
The American Farm Bureau Federation, in partnership with Farm Credit, today opened online applications for its 2019 Farm Bureau Ag Innovation Challenge. Entrepreneurs will compete for $145,000 including:
• Farm Bureau Entrepreneur of the Year award and $15,000 (chosen by judges), for a total of $30,000
• People’s Choice award and $10,000 (chosen by public vote), for a total of $25,000
Rural entrepreneurs with businesses in the categories below may apply:
- Ag technologies;
- CSAs, farmers’ markets, food stands and food hubs;
- Farms, ranches, greenhouses, managed forests, aquaponics, cut flowers, herbs, honey and landscape plants;
- Farm-to-table businesses;
- Support services including scouting, equipment repair and fertilizer sales;
- Value-added processing including yogurts, cheese and processed meats; and
- Wineries, breweries, cideries and distilleries.
Entrepreneurs must be Farm Bureau members to compete. Applicants who are not Farm Bureau members have until Nov. 5 to join. Learn more at fb.org/join.