FMC Listserv Rules and Guidelines
Posted On: January 26, 2016
FMC Listserv Rules and Guidelines
FMC’s listserv is an open forum for FMC members and other individuals in the farmers market community to freely share their knowledge and questions about farmers market management, promotion, and other topics of concern specific to farmers market vendors, managers, and leaders in statewide farmers market associations. Subscribe to the listserv here.
Listservs are a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, share your experiences with others, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Lively and candid exchanges are encouraged; however, by joining and using this e-mail list, you agree that you have read and will comply with the following rules and guidelines:
Listserv Rules and Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, and e-mail address.
- Don’t challenge or attack others. Be courteous and let others have their say, just as you may.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a listserv message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Remember that reply messages will automatically go only to the original sender unless you ‘Reply to All’ or add FMCemail@example.com to the recipients.
- Do not post commercial messages on the listserv. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them. If you are not sure whether your message is commercial, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not post large attachments to the listserv group. If possible, paste the relevant text in the body of the e-mail, or make people aware of how they could acquire the document if they are interested.
- Restrict messages to subjects related specifically for farmers markets. While FMC certainly supports issues of more general food, agriculture, and nutrition concerns, there are lists operated by other organizations which address such topics, and we encourage subscribers to use those lists for more generalized postings.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Note carefully all items listed in the disclaimers and legal rules below, particularly regarding copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- FMC and other e-mail list participants have the right to reproduce and quote postings to this listserv.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line so that members can respond appropriately and search the archives by subject.
- Please refrain from posting promotional flyers, newsletters, or announcements pertaining to an individual market or local event solely as a ‘show and tell’.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Send a message to the entire list only when it contains information from which everyone can benefit. The default for FMC’s list is to reply to sender, but ‘reply to all’ will go to the whole list. Please address your replies specifically to the original sender unless you feel your message is pertinent to the discussion and relevant to the group at large.
- Send messages such as “thanks” or “me, too” to individuals– not to the entire list.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from list,” through the listserv.
- When generating a reply to a personal response, do not forward the personal response to the list without first obtaining permission from the sender.
- If you use automatic e-mail reply messages, please unsubscribe from the list while you are away and re-subscribe when you return.
Policy on Violation of Listserv Rules
FMC reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on any list for subscribers who violate the listserv rules. When violations of the listserv rules are brought to the attention of the moderator, the moderator will send an e-mail to the member in violation reminding him or her of the listserv rules and warning that future violation will lead to suspension from all FMC lists. Violators who have been removed from the listserv may appeal in writing to the FMC Web site committee (WSC) to be reinstated. Appeals must be made within 30 days before the next regularly scheduled meeting of the committee. The WSC will consider the appeal and make a recommendation regarding reinstatement to the listserv. Decisions of the WSC will be final.
Changing your Settings or Unsubscribing
To unsubscribe or to change your subscription options, including your e-mail address, visit http://groups.google.com/group/fmc-list/subscribe and sign in to your account. To unsubscribe, you can also click on the link at the bottom all FMC-Listserv emails.
Disclaimers and Legal Rules
FMC is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others; postings represent the viewpoint of the writer and are not endorsed by FMC. FMC disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by FMC or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall FMC be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.