Guest Instagram for FMC: 2018 Call!
Posted On: August 29, 2017
It’s that time again! We’re currently seeking markets to take over FMC’s Instagram account throughout 2018. It’s one of the ways we put a little attention on the good things happening at markets across the country. We’ve been blown away by our current and past participants, and the amazing work captured and shared with our followers.
So why not throw your market into the ring and apply to be our next Guest Instagrammer? From the large and metropolitan to the small and rural, we’ll select farmers markets from all corners of the country to inform and inspire our followers – and promote them on a national level.
For those of you new to social media, Instagram is a social media platform that uses visual content to connect your story with a broad and diverse audience. As your follower base grows, so does your ability to promote your market to more and more people – with the potential to extend the reach of your message across the globe. In other words, pictures are powerful! If your market doesn’t have an Instagram account, jump on the bandwagon and set one up today.
How can your market participate and apply?
- Fill out the following Google Form and provide your availability to Guest Instagram. Once submitted, we will email confirmation that your information has been received and will provide further instructions.
- Commit to two weeks as an FMC Guest Instagrammer, based on your scheduling preferences.
- Post beautiful, creative and informative photos depicting what makes your market special. These can be photos/videos of vendors, staff, programs, events, or even what goes on behind the scenes, such as set-up, tear-down and planning. It takes hard work to make a market tick – show us what makes the gears of your market turn!
- If selected, confirm your dates and submit a second Google Form which will act as content for the FMC blog post we’ll feature during your two week time slot. These blog posts further promote our Guest Instagrammers and will be shared on our website and via social media.
- Have any Guest Instagram program questions? If so, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your queries. Be sure to make the email subject: (Your market’s name)_GI 2018 Inquiry
Are you an Instagram novice? Don’t let that stop you from applying. We’ll provide you with guidelines and tips to help make the most of your Guest Instagram experience.