Work With Us
Thank you for your interest in working with us! The Farmers Market Coalition is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to strengthening farmers markets across the United States so that they can serve as community assets while providing real income opportunities for farmers. The mission of FMC is “to strengthen farmers markets for the benefit of farmers, consumers, and communities.”
FMC consists of a small but mighty team passionate about supporting markets around the country and the farmers that sell at them. Because FMC is a remote organization, team members are based throughout the country, collaborating through video chat software and phone meetings often. Employees and interns may be located anywhere that they have sufficient access to internet and phone service, and must be self-motivated and comfortable working independently.
Open positions are listed below:
Printable Version | Deadline September 6th, 2019
About Farmers Market Metrics
Farmers Market Metrics (Metrics) is a complete evaluation & data communication system that empowers farmers market operators and market networks to tell their market’s story using powerful, grassroots data. Market organizations and network partners purchase annual subscriptions to the data management and reporting functions. FMC’s Metrics team offers direct technical assistance to customers through an online Help Desk system, email and phone support, and through scheduled monthly calls (“Clinics”).
The Metrics System Product Coordinator is responsible for the customer interaction and maintenance of the Farmers Market Metrics product, which includes the online automated data management and reporting system and access to additional technical assistance, training, and data collection resources. Primary responsibilities include working closely with current users to provide customer support, expanding functionality and rectifying bugs, and working actively to onboard new clients though outward promotion and scheduled webinars.
The successful candidate will feel comfortable analyzing and testing data queries using Excel, and in resource development for system users. Additionally, the Coordinator will be capable of managing customer accounts in the CRM software (Neon) and communicating with customers through a variety of channels to maintain their subscriptions and mitigate any gaps in service.
The Metrics Product Coordinator will report to the Training and TA Director. 20 hours/week, $18.50 – $20 / hour
- Onboard new customer accounts
- Interact with customers to understand product requirements clearly
- Build customer relationships
- Schedule and administer regular technical assistance webinar Clinics for customers
- Update customer database (NeonCRM) with account activity
- Act as backup for general FMC membership customer service
- Monitor online Metrics Help Desk and assist in providing customer support
- Assist in system developments and enhancements
- Perform system inspections to identify and rectify any defects
- Coordinate Metrics bug fixes with the development team
- Update Metrics resource site content (https://farmersmarketmetrics.guide/)
- Coordinate with partners on product development and user satisfaction
- Report monthly Metrics activity to senior staff
- Enthusiasm for farmers markets and/or experience in food system work
- Data Management and CRM experience
- Customer Service experience – friendly, patient, and able to provide clear and thorough instruction and customer support
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and data manipulation
- Ability to visualize and articulate datasets in compelling and easy-to-understand formats
- Solid writing and editing skills and strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer literacy (e.g. experience with any of GSuite, Dropbox, WordPress preferred but not required). Some experience in graphic design a plus.
* Prior experience with product management highly preferred
* Experience with Tableau or other data visualization software preferred
To apply, please attach resume and letter of interest below. If the form below is not functioning, you may email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Metrics Product Coordinator”. Applications without both documents will not be considered. Deadline September 6th.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.