Work with us
Thank you for your interest in working with us! The Farmers Market Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are committed to a diverse workplace. Open positions are listed below.
Metrics Program Manager
The Farmers Market Coalition (FMC) is seeking a detail-oriented and experienced professional to direct data-based projects for a non-profit devoted to strengthening farmers markets nationwide. This is a full time position requiring prior experience with project management, database management, statistics, data collection techniques, data visualization, user experience testing, evaluation methods, and the ability to analyze and clearly communicate trends within complex datasets. This position will be responsible for execution of FMC’s Farmers Market Metrics (FMM) project work, which facilitates the collection of farmers market data by offering training in concert with data collection, analysis, and communication tools for farmers market managers. The Metrics Program Manager will oversee continued development of all aspects of FMM program development.
Manage data collection and analysis projects across farmers markets. This will involve interacting regularly with farmers market managers, volunteers, academic partners and nonprofit partners.
Collaborate with partners to define project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility. Measure program performance and manage changes to scope, project schedules and project costs.
Manage existing databases documenting farmers market activities. Analyze trends and provide insight into the various social, environmental, economic and health impacts of farmers markets.
Coordinate internal resources and third party contractors to successfully execute FMM initiatives, including managing developers and designers creating web-based automated data analysis and communication tools.
Organize the presentation of data in visually innovative ways in order to make it easier to understand, insightful, and actionable by end users.
Train market managers on proper use of data collection tools, as well as general use of Excel, and web features available on FMC’s metrics website. Trainings will take place via written manuals, recorded videos as well as live presentations.
Assist with data analysis across FMC programming as necessary, including spot-checking, cleaning and performing quantitative analyses on project and program impact.
- Passion: Passion for transforming large amount of data into compelling narrative and visual stories to facilitate analysis and decision-making. Passion for supporting the work of farmers markets, local food initiatives, food policy and sustainable agriculture.
- Expertise: Expertise in implementing a variety of methods to collect, analyze and manage large, multi-dimensional datasets.
- Project Leadership: Proven experience as a program manager or other managerial position. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader who can confidently manage staff and partners of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner. Knowledge of evaluation techniques including setting evaluation goals. Must possess exceptional organizational skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Collaboration: Demonstrated ability to form effective professional relationships internally and externally, and across individuals with different academic backgrounds.
- Technical Savvy: Experience working with large, multi-dimensional data sets. Advanced Microsoft Excel user. Experience working with developers to create interactive content. Experience using code language. Experience using Google products and services, survey software, Microsoft Word and Powerpoint. Familiarity with statistical computing languages—R, SAS, etc. – preferred but not required.
- Communications: Excellent written and oral communication skills. Comfortable presenting to colleagues, program participants, research partners, and funders.
- Education & Experience: Undergraduate degree in relevant field required. Masters degree in information technology, computer sciences, public health, public policy, statistics or similar desirable. Must have at least 3 years of significant prior work experience in relevant field.
Exempt, 40-hour per week salary commensurate with experience. FMC offers 20 days of paid vacation, flexible hours, and the opportunity to engage with leading experts in the local food movement to build a better food system.
While the Metrics Program Manager will work remotely from a home office, FMC is seeking qualified candidates in the DC Metro area, or the Miami area. Role requires minimal travel, approximately 3-4 trips of 2-3 days per year, and may involve evening and weekend travel.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The subject line should read: Metrics Program Manager Application. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and will be accepted as long as the position remains open. FMC hopes to fill this position by mid-September. (Posted August 17th, 2016).
The Farmers Market Coalition is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities for applicants of any race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, or age.