Work with us
Thank you for your interest in working with us! The Farmers Market Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we are committed to a diverse workplace. Open positions are listed below.
EBT Equipment Program Assistant
The Farmers Market Coalition (FMC) is seeking a detail-oriented EBT Equipment Program Assistant to help connect eligible farmers markets and direct marketing farmers with SNAP EBT equipment and service through FMC’s Free SNAP EBT Equipment Program. Excellent candidates will be extremely detail oriented, with a passion for local food and well-organized spreadsheets. The EBT Equipment Program Assistant will report to the EBT Equipment Program Manager, with two main responsibilities:
- Assist with the administration of FMC’s Free SNAP EBT Equipment Program for eligible farmers markets and direct marketing farmers nationwide;
- Coordinate storytelling about the program, to include social media and case studies.
Regular tasks will include:
- / Assist with the distribution of USDA grants to eligible farmers markets in need of EBT equipment;
/ Review and evaluate applications for EBT equipment grants;
- / Ensure FMC’s online grantee management database remains accurate and up-to-date;
- / Collaborate with FMC staff to collect and share case studies;
- / Collaborate with FMC staff to create social media updates and blog posts as necessary;
- / Assist with annual collection of grantee reports;
- / Assist with monthly program reports to FNS and FMC Board;
- / Regularly contact program participants, and potential applicants via phone and email;
- / Other duties, as assigned.
In addition to the activities named above, the EBT Equipment Program Assistant will:
- / Understand and operate in conformance to FMC’s mission;
- / Participate in weekly staff meetings;
- / Provide regular communication to supervisor and provide notification of barriers, concerns, and issues.
This is an entry-level position. Qualified candidates will be exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, self-driven, and comfortable working with databases. The ideal candidate will have experience working directly with farmers markets and EBT systems, will be outgoing and interested in helping expand low-income access to fresh, locally grown foods. Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, and be comfortable using Google Docs and conferencing tools such as Google Hangout and Skype. Experience with WordPress, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is desirable, but not required.
This is a remote position, that will require weekly meetings in the DC area. Therefore, preference will be given to applicants in the Washington D.C. area. The Assistant will communicate regularly with FMC staff via e-mail, phone, and shared Google Drive and Dropbox documents.
A personal telephone and reliable internet access are required.
40 hours per week, $18 per hour. FMC offers 20 days of paid vacation, flexible hours, and the opportunity to engage with leading experts in the local food movement.
Send a resume and cover letter to Jen Cheek at email@example.com. The subject line should read: EBT Equipment Program Assistant. We are looking for a candidate who can start working as soon as possible, and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. (Posted February 9th, 2016).