Membership: Join Online!
Is your state farmers market association a State Partner? You may already have FMC Membership. See our list of State Partners below.
Choose Your Membership Type:
$25 Individual Farmer or Vendor
$40 Individual Farmers Market or Market Manager
$75 State Associations of Farmers Markets, Regional Farmers Market Organizations
$100 Government Agencies, Academic Institutions, & Nonprofit Farmers Market Supporters
*Please note that Business Supporter members may participate in FMC activities and are welcome to provide input in FMC programs, but do not have voting privileges in elections or member meetings.
The following member benefits apply to all FMC members:
- A voice and a vote in membership meetings and Board of Directors elections
- Representation at the table with federal agencies and organizations which provide funding for farmers markets and establish national policy, and advocacy opportunities
- An electronic subscription to the market beet, our seasonal electronic newsletter
- Access to a volunteer team of farmers market practitioners to help answer your most important questions
- Access to regular member-only webinars on timely education topics and opportunities to have your questions answered live by experts.
- Access to National Farmers Market Week promotional tools
- A special ‘Proud member’ badge for your organization’s web site, which links your visitors directly to FMC’s valuable resources
- Knowing that membership supports the FMC listserv and the continued development of the Farmers Market Resource Library and FAQs
- Access to member-only Directors’ & Officers’ Insurance Policy for nonprofit farmers market organizations through Campbell Risk Management
- Opportunities to participate in special member-only programs like Discover You Can and Discover Market Fresh
- Member Only Resources, such as POP Club Guide, Toolkit, and Templates
- Knowing that your contribution improves our ability to respond to farmers markets’ needs today, tomorrow, and in years to come
Membership dues are annual and tax-deductible to the full extent allowed under IRS 501(c)(3) law. Should you have specific questions about membership, please use our contact form.
FMC’s State Partner Program allows state associations to include FMC membership into their association’s dues at a discounted rate, automatically making each state association member an FMC member as well. This option allows state associations to easily expand their services, while also ensuring that their state is well-represented within the FMC member base. The more members we have in a state, the more we know about its needs and activities.
State Partners have benefits beyond regular FMC members. These include:
- Policy Consultation: Twice yearly, state partner leadership will have a call with FMC staff and Board representatives to check in on local / regional goals and objectives to ensure policy alignment, and discuss emerging issues.
- A resource page on the FMC site: FMC is creating an area of the website that will provide farmers, farmers markets, and consumers with information about state level resources.
- State Level Networking: Up to two participants from your organization on FMC’s State Leader Committee conference calls (every 6-8 weeks), and on the state leader listserv.
- Participation in a national Farmers Market Forum: FMC is meeting in small groups of farmers market leader across the country. Space at these events is very limited, and State Partner organizations will be able to register first.
Email Liz Comiskey at email@example.com to talk about how your participation can strengthen farmers markets in your state.
If you are in one of the states listed below, we encourage you to join your state association to become a member of FMC. A list of State Associations and their contact info can be found here.
Arkansas- Arkansas Farmers Market Association
California- California Alliance of Farmers Markets
Georgia – Georgia Farmers Market Association
Illinois- Illinois Farmers Market Association
Indiana- Hoosier Farmers Market Association
Maryland- Maryland Farmers Market Association
Massachusetts- Federation of Massachusetts Farmers Markets
Michigan- Michigan Farmers Market Association
Oregon- Oregon Farmers’ Markets Association
Vermont- Vermont Farmers’ Market Association
Virginia- Virginia Farmers Market Association
Washington- Washington State Farmers Market Association
Wisconsin- Wisconsin Farmers Market Association