The Maine Federation of Farmers’ Markets (MFFM) seeks a visionary and committed leader to grow our organization.
MFFM is a 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to strengthening Maine farms, farmers, and farmers’ markets. We are the only statewide organization in Maine representing the interests of direct-to-consumer farmers and producers.
MFFM provides support to Maine’s 120+ summer and 30+ winter farmers’ markets. Key projects include developing marketing campaigns and educational resources for members and consumers. We also operate Maine Harvest Bucks, a program that works to widen access to locally-grown food.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
MFFM’s Executive Director oversees the budget, fundraising, marketing, Board communication, social media coordination, public speaking, and technical assistance. The ED also manages 2 full-time and 5–10 part-time/seasonal staff.
The ED must be comfortable with administering the organization and with hands-on program implementation.
The ideal candidate is:
- outgoing and able to work successfully on a team.
- organized and attentive to detail.
- creative and able to work on multiple projects at once.
- willing to travel frequently, including day and overnight travel.
- flexible and able to work in a variety of settings, including extensive desk work and some work outdoors.
- passionate about farmers’ markets and local food systems.
- Familiarity with nonprofit and/or business management including resource management, budgeting, partnership formation, program development and management, strategic planning and board development
- Experience supervising multiple staff
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Successful experience with grant writing and development
- Experience in membership development and outreach
- Experience in marketing and promotion
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively
- Knowledge of WordPress and website development and maintenance, MS Office, and web-based communication tools
- Familiarity with and successful use of social media platforms
- Experience with local food system work and direct-to-consumer venues
- B.A. or B.S., preferably in a related field
Location: MFFM’s office is located in Pittsfield, ME. There is the potential to relocate the office as needed in the future. Interviews, training, and trial period will take place in Pittsfield.
Compensation and Benefits: Starting salary of $37–40K. Health benefit stipend available.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position will remain open until filled.