National Farmers Market Week
Resources and Templates
National Farmers Market Week is the perfect opportunity to celebrate the ways your market makes a difference in your community!
But finding the time and resources to share these benefits can be difficult.
That’s why we created the NFMW Media Kit! Everything you need to promote and prepare for National Farmers Market Week is here, all in one place!
Celebrate National Farmers Market Week and easily share statistics and facts about farmers markets to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and newsletter lists!
Tips for Using Our Resources
- How are you celebrating? An event, contest or special guest? Use any of our resources to help spread the word.
- Use the Invitation Template to invite your legislators and public officials to your market.
- Never talked to your legislators before? Use our Advocacy Toolkit to help you through the process.
- Customize our Press Release Template and send it to your local media outlets (print and broadcast media, popular newsletters, etc.)
- Use our Social Media Cheat Sheet to help promote NFMW and events at your market.
- Customize our Newsletter Template and share the impacts of your market with your subscribers and networks.
- Use our Farmers Markets Info Graphics in social media posts and newsletters.
- Use our Talking Points to help speak confidently on behalf of the amazing work your market is doing in your community.
- Add or update your market’s info in the USDA Farmers Market Directory.
- Use Branding Graphics from USDA to make posters, signs, emails, buttons and more.
- Promote your market by encouraging customers and vendors to participate in our Instagram Contest.
- Give away our t-shirts, tattoos and stickers as souvenirs and prizes.
Past NDownloadsFMW Archived Resources:
- / 2017 NFMW Media Kit (.pdf document with tips, timelines, and links to all our resources)
- / Farmers Market Talking Points and Facts
- / Social Media Cheat Sheet
- / NEW! Farmers Market Trivia (challenge market-goers with theses questions for games, contests, or events)
- / 2017 Infographics (for social media, blogs, and newsletters)
- / Press Release Template
- / FMC 2017 NFMW Press Release
- / USDA 2017 NFMW Press Release
- / Official 2017 NFMW Proclamation from USDA
- / Update Your Market’s Info in the USDA Farmers Market Directory
- / NFMW Branding Graphics from USDA (to make posters, emails, buttons and more)
- / NFMW Branding Help and FAQs page from USDA