New POP Club Resources Now Available
Posted On: July 24, 2017
We listened to feedback from POP Club markets across the country and have updated the POP Club Toolkit for FMC Members! It now includes over 50 newly designed downloadable resources and guides.
The popular Power of Produce (POP) Club provides a fun opportunity to engage younger customers in the farmers market through conversations directly with farmers, educational games and demonstrations, and exposure to new fruits and vegetables. POP Club kids receive vouchers to spend at the market, allowing them to make their own shopping decisions at the market.
The new toolkit includes:
- POP Activity Guide featuring educational, cooking, physical, gardening, and artistic activities for children.
- POP Passport to be kept at the market to track attendance, parent contact information, and participant age. This is also a great tool to use to offer prizes and incentives for families to attend POP Club throughout the season!
- POP Booklet Evaluation Tool to track lessons learned and for kids to collect stamps for new foods tasted and activities completed.
- Parent Information Sheet provides parents with a basic understanding of the program, and has space for parents to give signature permission for their children to participate and a disclaimer for markets to use photos taken at POP Club.
- Two-Bite Club Button Template. After each week’s activity, POP kids can try two bites of the ‘Vegetable of the Week’ to receive additional stickers to add to their Two-Bite Club button. Kids can bring their Two-Bite Club buttons back each week to show with pride their ability to try new vegetables as their number of stickers grow!
- POP Bucks & Token Template. Markets can choose to order POP tokens, or use FMC’s printable POP vouchers for kids to use to shop for produce at the market’s participating vendors. InDesign token template can be edited to display the market name.
- Promotional Graphics Bundle (5 items) includes POP logo, social media graphics, flyers, banner, and a sponsorship campaign graphic.
- Budget Template to help plan and organize the funding needs for POP.
- POP Club Facebook Group facilitates networking with other POP Markets to learn best practices and lessons learned from markets around the country.
- Prizes and treats for kids participating in POP Club. Stickers, temporary tattoos, and more are available for purchase at FMC’s online store.
Downloadable POP Club resources are for FMC members only. To access follow these steps:
- Log in to your FMC Member Account Here.
- Go to the drop-down box that says ‘What would you like to do’ and select ‘Member Benefits’.
- The POP Club Password is located on that page (please note that this is not the same as your member password).
- Click HERE to access the POP Club Resources and submit the code found using the steps above.
Email Liz Comiskey at email@example.com with questions or comments.
Not a member? Join today!