Novo Dia Shutdown Update: Company Will Operate Through February 2019
Posted On: August 3, 2018
Early last month, Novo Dia Group (the country’s largest provider of SNAP at farmers markets) announced it’s plans to go out of business, effectively terminating service to their customers.
Last week, the State of New York and the Farmers Market Federation of New York announced an agreement with Novo Dia Group that would enable the company to continue providing uninterrupted service to all of its customers nationwide for an additional six months. You can read the full press release from Governor Cuomo’s office below:
Governor Cuomo Announces Plan to Protect SNAP Recipients’ Access to Farmers’ Markets
Since then, many follow-up questions have been posed, and FMC has been working to get clarification on the details of the agreement. We will continue to provide more information as it becomes available.
In the meantime, Novo Dia Group has compiled a list of FAQs, included below, that you may find useful. You can also visit FMC’s Novo Dia Group Shutdown Info Page for the latest updates, articles, and information about the shutdown.
Thank you, and please let us know if you have any questions.
FMC Policy Director
Novo Dia Group Shutdown FAQs:
- What does the announcement by New York cover?
- The agreement covers all current users all the Mobile Market+ products (MM+ Select, MM+ Register, and MM+ Token Recon) through the end of February 2019.
- I’m not in New York does this apply to me?
- Yes, the agreement with the NY Farmers Market Federation applies to all markets throughout the US.
- What about cellular service?
- The agreement includes costs for cellular service.
- Will you be adding new merchants?
- Will NDG be processing orders for new or replacement equipment?
- NDG will be processing new BYOD orders, replacement equipment and new license orders.
- Can I or do I need to renew my MM+ License?
- Yes, beginning August 15th we will resume our normal license notification, renewal, and expiration processes. In the meantime you can contact our Help Desk at (888) 377-7884, or you can email us at email@example.com.
- What changes should I expect since the announcement?
- NDG will continue to provide the same service options as we have in the past.
- What happens after February 2019?
- We are working with the New York Farmers Market Federation, as well as many other groups, to construct a permanent solution.
- When will NDG be announcing another update?
- We will continue to send and post any updates to our merchants, partners, and other interested parties via email, our support site, and our website.
- Where can I get the most current and accurate information about the next steps?
- If you would like to receive updates or announcements from NDG you can signup here.