Technology Research Manager
Katie Myhre (My-ree) has been an advocate for creative and profitable adoption of technology within food and farm communities for her entire career. With work spanning various areas of food system advocacy, she has managed multiple markets in Minneapolis. Katie’s central focus has been supporting small food and farm business viability on a regional scale, with an emphasis on a grassroots approach. Katie joined FMC in August 2020 and develops resources and analyzes SNAP/EBT related technology, all the while advocating for improved technology-based, grassroots market solutions targeted at the needs of the market community.
Current focus: Providing technical assistance to GusNIP grantees and analyzing EBT/ Technology, as well as other technology solutions for the benefit of farmers markets, CSAs, farmstands, and local food shoppers.
Katie splits her time between Minneapolis, MN, and Barnum, MN. She can be reached at email@example.com.
Recent Resources Created:
- EBT Technology: Your Market’s Discovery Process
- EBT Technology: Overview of Point of Sale Device Categories
- Tech Bytes: A Quick Webinar on Point of Sale Device Categories
- Update: FMC’s SNAP Guide
- Blog: 7 Common Mistakes Market Operators Make when Choosing EBT Technology
- Blog: Online SNAP: On the horizon, not out of reach.
- Blog: Farmers Markets and Technology: Solving Problems