Profile: Downtown Appleton Farm Market
Posted On: August 5, 2022
For #FarmersMarketWeek, we are featuring a few amazing markets across the nation that are doing impactful work in their communities. Today, we are featuring Downtown Appleton Farm Market in Appleton, WI.
1. What is the mission of your market?
ADI’s mission is to make Downtown Appleton a vibrant and accessible destination for business, learning, living, and leisure!
2. Where are your farmers from? Where is the market located?
Our producers, crafters, and food vendors are located from around the Greater Eastern & Middle Wisconsin area, with our market located in Downtown Appleton.
3. Tell us about the history of your market and its growth.
We are celebrating 30 years this year! The market started in a parking lot and has grown to be four city blocks of space, with approximately 100+ vendors and 8,000 community members attending every weekend.
4. How has your market helped your local community?
We offer the community fresh produce every week, especially with the EBT program. If you haven’t heard of it, EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) is an issued debit card that is used to purchase food products and access cash benefits and welfare programs. You can purchase most food with your EBT card except alcohol, pet food, or hot prepared foods. You can also purchase seeds and plants to grow food.
5. What are some achievements or milestones of your market that you are most proud of?
I would say that we have been growing for over 30 years and are one of the largest Farm Markets in the area!
6. What support do you need to thrive?
We thank ALL of our market sponsors! Without them, our market would not be able to make as large of an impact as it does each week – from mid-June through the end of October.
7. What makes your market special? Are there any themes or unique products that your market offers?
We are the area’s largest farm market and pride ourselves in what we have to offer, from our amazing staff to our committed vendors and community!