FMC’s Guest Instagram Program
Markets Share their Stories with a National Audience
Each year, we invite markets and direct marketing farmers to apply to the program and choose participants to take over a week of our Instagram account. Participants are chosen using criteria such as FMC’s annual messaging goals, writing a compelling description of the market’s unique attributes, and whether the market has participated in the past. Current FMC members have priority in participant selection.
- One-week time slots – Each participant has one week to share the story of their market and the impact that it has on their communities. Each takeover will start on a Monday and end on a Sunday.
- Focus on market operators – This year, we are highlighting the faces behind the farmers markets, the managers, staff and volunteers that make the magic happen each week. Each participant will be asked to share at least one post focused on the people that make their market possible.
- Sharing impact data – We are also asking that each participant shares a post that uses data to show their market’s impact. Whether that be the number of SNAP EBT dollars spent, or the average distance their vendors travel to the market, let us know how you make a difference.
- Marketing webinars – FMC will be hosting a few webinars in 2021 focused on marketing strategy and planning. We strongly encourage all Guest Instagram participants and hopefuls to attend! Sign up for our newsletter for updates on when webinars are scheduled.
- Cohort support and networking – FMC will also host monthly calls with the cohort of Guest Instagrammers for the upcoming month. Participants will meet for 30 minutes with fellow market leaders to share ideas, collaborate on planning, and work through challenges. FMC staff will offer tips and advice from our experience running the program and will be available for any questions or support.
- Read the full 2021 Guest Instagram Program Guidelines
We are currently accepting applications for the 2021 Guest Instagram Season through January 15th. Read the full updated Guidelines and apply to participate below!
2021 Guest Instagram Program Application
*Current FMC members have priority in participant selection
After submission you should receive a confirmation from FMC. If you do not receive a confirmation or have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
Are you an Instagram novice? Don’t let that stop you from applying. We’ll provide you with guidelines and tips to help make the most of your Guest Instagram experience. If your market or farm doesn’t have an Instagram account, jump on the bandwagon and set one up today.