“Quick-action” grants from AARP Community Challenge available
Posted On: March 27, 2018
- March 21: Launch of the 2018 AARP Community Challenge
- May 16: Applications are due by 5 pm ET
- June 25: Winning applicants will be notified by email by this date
- November 5: All projects must be completed
- December 3: After Action Reports due
For the 2018 AARP Community Challenge, AARP will prioritize projects that aim to achieve the following outcomes:
- Deliver a range of transportation and mobility options in the community through permanent or temporary solutions that increase connectivity, walkability, bikeability and/or and access to public and private transit.
- Create vibrant public places in the community through permanent or temporary solutions that improve open spaces, parks, and access to other amenities.
- Support the availability of a range of housing in the community through permanent or temporary solutions that increase accessible and affordable housing options.
- Other community improvements. We want to know the most important needs in your community and the best quick-action ideas you have to address them.