FARM 2 FACTS – Alfonso Morales, PhD
Advocacy | COVID-19 | Emergency Response
“COVID: What Can Government Officials Learn from Farmers Market Managers?”
Farmers markets operate on a few simple principles:
- They connect locally produced crafts and foods with consumers.
- They are places consumers practice community.
- They convey information and opportunities people will discover and make their own.
For generations, marketplaces have contributed to the community in many ways:
- Promoted individual and public health,
- Served as conduits for information and healthy food,
- Offered opportunities for exercise and social life,
- Provided learning opportunities for immigrants and every other sector of a community.
Farm 2 Facts