Tasty Seasonal Recipes to Share at Your Market
Posted On: July 21, 2015
With preparations for National Farmers Market Week, August 2-8, in full swing, the Washington State Farmers Market Association is sharing some delicious seasonal recipes that are sure to be a hit at your market!
Featuring summer produce at its peak, the recipes are simple, easy to adapt, and use a short list of fresh, affordable ingredients available in many markets across the country.
WSFMA also provides a list of ways you can use the recipes at your market:
- Feature recipes in chef demos or Specialty Crop promotions
- Customize recipes with your market’s name and logo and distribute at the Info Booth
- Feature recipe and ingredients at the market by providing vendor signage and recipes to farmers and producers that sell recipe ingredients
- Post recipes on Facebook and web pages
- Have a prize drawing for shoppers who share picture of the recipes they make
- Feature recipes in you newsletter
- Reach out to community partners – WIC clinics, nonprofits, senior centers and kids programs — to encourage them to feature the recipes in their activities or cooking demos during Farmers Market Week
You can download these fresh and tasty recipes here.