New Outreach Tools to Be Available for Farmers Market Week
Posted On: April 15, 2009
The Farmers Market Coalition is proud to announce that it will be offering a variety of consumer outreach materials to farmers markets this summer, just in time for National Farmers Market Week (August 2nd-8th).
– Farmers Market Week press release templates, where you can plug in your relevant information and send out to local and regional media outlets
– Farmers market FAQs that can help address questions commonly asked by the public and the media
– Farmers market talking points that highlight the positive impacts farmers markets have in their communities
– Farmers market glossary, which offer consumers a brief orientation to the terms they might find associated with products for sale at market
– Postcards, bookmarks, and stickers aimed to help markets reach second-tier consumers
– Print-ready ads that can be posted on a web site, submitted to a local paper, or incorporated into other promotional pieces
– Special edition of the market beet for distribution at markets nationwide
Many of these tools will be available electronically as print-ready files for free download
on the FMC web site, ready to send to a local printer as is. Others, like the glossary, stickers, and newsletters, will be available to FMC members only. Stay tuned for more announcements in late May about these resources.
What you can do to help:
Communicating the benefits of farmers markets at the national level is much easier with your active participation. You can help by doing either of the following:
1) Send us your top three farmers market photos (.jpg or .tif format, minimum 8.5” by 5.5”, at least 200 dpi) from last season, with captions, and the contact information of the people in the photograph, if applicable.
2) Send us a one to three sentence quote which answers one of the following questions:
Why do you sell at farmers markets?
Why do you manage farmers markets?
Please be sure to include your name and contact information (including city, state, and business or market name).
Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.