Browse by Category
- Anti-Racism Work (25)
- Boards, Mission, and Governance (28)
- Communities of Practice (3)
- Emergency Response (61)
- COVID-19 (61)
- Advocacy (5)
- Market Guidelines/Toolkits (21)
- Market Signage (9)
- State/Local Guidelines (12)
- COVID-19 (61)
- Evaluation (108)
- Customer base (19)
- FMC Evaluation Resources (6)
- Impact Reports (15)
- Pricing (4)
- Farm Business and Marketing (62)
- Farm Inspection and Enforcement (27)
- Food Justice (21)
- Food Safety and Handling (43)
- Funding and Grants (32)
- FMPP/LFPP (10)
- Insurance, Liability, and Licensing (27)
- Management and Operations (143)
- Market Start-up and Development (67)
- Other (13)
- Promotion, Outreach, and Special Events (73)
- Public Policies (37)
- Rules and Vendor Applications (29)
- SNAP/EBT and Nutrition Programs (117)
- State Association Development (14)
- Vendor Fees and Market Finances (14)
- Webinars (27)
- FMC (18)
- Partner Organizations (9)
Category: Farm Inspection and Enforcement
Greenbelt Farmers Market Application and Agreement Form
This packet contains a letter, checklist and application form, including a product availability chart and agreement. The Greenbelt Farmers Market is a producer-only market and 501(c)(3) located in Greenbelt, Maryland.
“Roots” Guidelines for WSFMA membership
A set of guidelines established by the Washington State Farmers Market Association to which their members must adhere. As stated, “Regardless of the Market’s location or the number of vendors, Washington State consumers have the same expectations, and it is these expectations that every Farmers Market should meet if it truly intends to be successful in its goals:
- A Farmers Market is where a grower can sell directly to the consumer and is most likely the small farmer’s best opportunity to profit from their land and efforts; and
- A Farmers Market is a marketplace where consumers can talk directly to the grower, purchase the freshest produce possible, and experience the health-giving effects of that freshness.
Agricultural Institute of Marin Farmers Market Applications
Separate applications for for farmers, ranchers, fisherman, artisans, nonprofits, and entertainers.
Farmers Markets Rules, Regulations and Opportunities
This study examines the structure and operation of farmers markets in the United States, giving special attention to the legal and regulatory issues that may shape their operation to identify the most important challenges vendors and managers of markets may face.
Farmers Market Manager Training Manual (New York)
This 216 page manual from the Farmers’ Market Federation of New York describes the role of market managers and provides checklists, sample policies, worksheets, and other hands-on tools to help managers start markets, build market communities, and harness the power of these communities to sustain the markets and their local food systems.
Guide to Developing a Community Farmers Market
This comprehensive 60 page guide from the Farmers’ Market Federation of New York steers market organizers to create a strong foundationfor a successful, long term farmers market that will be a community asset and a valuable resource for both consumers and farmers.
Washington State Farmers Market Manual
The second (2012) edition of a manual developed by Washington State University Extension and Washington State Department of Agriculture in 2008 to encourage and assist communities, farmers, and citizen groups to create and successfully operate vibrant community farmers markets.