Browse by Category
- Anti-Racism Work (18)
- Boards, Mission, and Governance (26)
- Communities of Practice (3)
- Emergency Response (48)
- Evaluation (91)
- Farm Business and Marketing (50)
- Farm Inspection and Enforcement (27)
- Food Justice (17)
- Food Safety and Handling (41)
- Funding and Grants (26)
- Insurance, Liability, and Licensing (24)
- Management and Operations (130)
- Market Start-up and Development (63)
- Other (9)
- Promotion, Outreach, and Special Events (58)
- Public Policies (37)
- Rules and Vendor Applications (28)
- SNAP/EBT and Nutrition Programs (90)
- State Association Development (11)
- Vendor Fees and Market Finances (14)
- Webinars (13)
Category: Funding and Grants
A 40+ page guide on USDA funding sources for local food projects.
This one-pager from the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources has eight ideas for raising funds and collecting donations to grow a farmers market organization.
Market Umbrella’s marketshare is a program that works to build and share tools and resources with public markets worldwide, including the best of “lessons learned” from market practitioners.
An introduction to Friends of the Market developed by the Farmers’ Market Federation of New York, discussing the purpose of Friends of the Market Organizations, what they can do for your markets (especially those operated by municipalities) and for the community.
This 216 page manual from the Farmers’ Market Federation of New York describes the role of market managers and provides checklists, sample policies, worksheets, and other hands-on tools to help managers start markets, build market communities, and harness the power of these communities to sustain the markets and their local food systems.
This comprehensive 60 page guide from the Farmers’ Market Federation of New York steers market organizers to create a strong foundationfor a successful, long term farmers market that will be a community asset and a valuable resource for both consumers and farmers.