Browse by Category
- Boards, Mission, and Governance (26)
- Evaluation (87)
- Farm Business and Marketing (46)
- Farm Inspection and Enforcement (27)
- Food Safety and Handling (40)
- Funding and Grants (22)
- Insurance, Liability, and Licensing (24)
- Management and Operations (113)
- Market Start-up and Development (62)
- Other (9)
- Promotion, Outreach, and Special Events (56)
- Public Policies (29)
- Rules and Vendor Applications (27)
- SNAP/EBT and Nutrition Programs (81)
- State Association Development (11)
- Vendor Fees and Market Finances (14)
Category: Insurance, Liability, and Licensing
This 216 page manual from the Farmers’ Market Federation of New York describes the role of market managers and provides checklists, sample policies, worksheets, and other hands-on tools to help managers start markets, build market communities, and harness the power of these communities to sustain the markets and their local food systems.
Published by the Northeast Organic Farming Association of Vermont, this is a complete guide to farmers market start-up and maintenance is an essential resource for market managers and organizers, including particular details for agencies and regulations in Vermont.
The second webinar in a series of four about insurance and farmers markets, focusing on insurance issues that apply specifically to producers, with recommendations about how manager can communicate these needs to their vendors.
This webinar presentation focuses upon the importance of purchasing general liability insurance and the different questions to consider when making such a purchase. Presenters include Jim Coleman, Doug Bollman, Eileen Nichols, and Drew Love.