Browse by Category
- Anti-Racism Work (25)
- Boards, Mission, and Governance (28)
- Communities of Practice (3)
- Emergency Response (61)
- COVID-19 (61)
- Advocacy (5)
- Market Guidelines/Toolkits (21)
- Market Signage (9)
- State/Local Guidelines (12)
- COVID-19 (61)
- Evaluation (110)
- Customer base (19)
- FMC Evaluation Resources (6)
- Impact Reports (15)
- Pricing (4)
- Farm Business and Marketing (62)
- Farm Inspection and Enforcement (27)
- Food Justice (21)
- Food Safety and Handling (43)
- Funding and Grants (33)
- FMPP/LFPP (10)
- Insurance, Liability, and Licensing (27)
- Management and Operations (143)
- Market Start-up and Development (67)
- Other (13)
- Promotion, Outreach, and Special Events (73)
- Public Policies (37)
- Rules and Vendor Applications (29)
- SNAP/EBT and Nutrition Programs (117)
- State Association Development (14)
- Vendor Fees and Market Finances (14)
- Webinars (27)
- FMC (18)
- Partner Organizations (9)
Category: Rules and Vendor Applications
Market Preparation: Recruiting Vendors
Market Umbrella offers insight into how to recruit vendors for your market including tips on careful selection of vendors and balancing supply and demand.
Processed Food Application
This application for the Davis Farmers Market is provided for potential vendors of processed foods that are prepared off-site.
Crafters Information Sheet and Application for the Davis Farmers Market
This 2 page document includes relevant policies for potential crafters at the Davis Farmers Market as well as an application form.
Community Group Information Sheet & Application
Davis Farmers Market’s policies and application form for socio-political and community groups seeking to have a booth at the market.
Recruiting Vendors for a Farmers Market
The Wallace Center created this 20 page guide to assist farmers market organizers in recruiting producers. While compact, this guide has plenty of useful information about planning, working with farmers, and communicating with community partners.
Market Umbrella’s marketshare is a program that works to build and share tools and resources with public markets worldwide, including the best of “lessons learned” from market practitioners.
Greenbelt Farmers Market Application and Agreement Form
This packet contains a letter, checklist and application form, including a product availability chart and agreement. The Greenbelt Farmers Market is a producer-only market and 501(c)(3) located in Greenbelt, Maryland.
“Roots” Guidelines for WSFMA membership
A set of guidelines established by the Washington State Farmers Market Association to which their members must adhere. As stated, “Regardless of the Market’s location or the number of vendors, Washington State consumers have the same expectations, and it is these expectations that every Farmers Market should meet if it truly intends to be successful in its goals:
- A Farmers Market is where a grower can sell directly to the consumer and is most likely the small farmer’s best opportunity to profit from their land and efforts; and
- A Farmers Market is a marketplace where consumers can talk directly to the grower, purchase the freshest produce possible, and experience the health-giving effects of that freshness.
FRESHFARM Markets Rules and Applications
FRESHFARM Markets in Washington DC’s online step-by-step resource for potential vendors to 1) find out if they quality, 2) learn about the rules and guidelines, and 3) apply.
Agricultural Institute of Marin Farmers Market Applications
Separate applications for for farmers, ranchers, fisherman, artisans, nonprofits, and entertainers.