Browse by Category
- Anti-Racism Work (25)
- Boards, Mission, and Governance (28)
- Communities of Practice (3)
- Emergency Response (61)
- Evaluation (111)
- Farm Business and Marketing (62)
- Farm Inspection and Enforcement (27)
- Food Justice (21)
- Food Safety and Handling (43)
- Funding and Grants (33)
- FMPP/LFPP (10)
- Insurance, Liability, and Licensing (27)
- Management and Operations (146)
- Market Start-up and Development (67)
- Other (13)
- Promotion, Outreach, and Special Events (73)
- Public Policies (37)
- Rules and Vendor Applications (29)
- SNAP/EBT and Nutrition Programs (117)
- State Association Development (14)
- Vendor Fees and Market Finances (14)
- Webinars (27)
Category: SNAP/EBT and Nutrition Programs
This 216 page manual from the Farmers’ Market Federation of New York describes the role of market managers and provides checklists, sample policies, worksheets, and other hands-on tools to help managers start markets, build market communities, and harness the power of these communities to sustain the markets and their local food systems.
Published by the Northeast Organic Farming Association of Vermont, this is a complete guide to farmers market start-up and maintenance is an essential resource for market managers and organizers, including particular details for agencies and regulations in Vermont.
The second (2012) edition of a manual developed by Washington State University Extension and Washington State Department of Agriculture in 2008 to encourage and assist communities, farmers, and citizen groups to create and successfully operate vibrant community farmers markets.
2013 report analyzing Vermont farmers markets’ SNAP, FMNP and incentive systems. Report funded by Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets (VAAFM) and NOFA-VT.
This report includes qualitative and quantitative research into state-by-state trends in SNAP redemption at farmers markets as well as national challenges, success stories, and recommendations for policy and programmatic change.
Presenters from Greenmarket and the Farmers Market Federation of New York.