Browse by Category
- Anti-Racism Work (18)
- Boards, Mission, and Governance (26)
- Communities of Practice (3)
- Emergency Response (50)
- Evaluation (91)
- Farm Business and Marketing (50)
- Farm Inspection and Enforcement (27)
- Food Justice (17)
- Food Safety and Handling (41)
- Funding and Grants (26)
- Insurance, Liability, and Licensing (24)
- Management and Operations (130)
- Market Start-up and Development (62)
- Other (9)
- Promotion, Outreach, and Special Events (58)
- Public Policies (37)
- Rules and Vendor Applications (28)
- SNAP/EBT and Nutrition Programs (91)
- State Association Development (11)
- Vendor Fees and Market Finances (13)
- Webinars (15)
Category: Partner Organizations
Farmers’ Markets have dramatically changed their layout and rules to fall in line with the Governor’s emergency declarations and the Maine Department of Agriculture’s guidance for farmers’ markets. This webinar is an orientation for Maine farmers’ market vendors to learn what best practices they must be following. Topics covered include: Pre-ordering, booth setup, payment processing, product handling, and how best practices pertain to every aspect of your booth’s operations.
WEBINAR: As Farmers Markets add curbside pickup, take advance orders, and offer bundled market purchases, customers are getting fresh, local foods in the midst of a pandemic. But, these innovations can also bring legal risk as well. With some advance planning, market managers can address these risks and create a program with strength beyond COVID-19. We’ll cover issues including increased liability risk, shifting insurance needs, potential licensing obligations, and concerns under site agreements. Your webinar presenters have expertise in farmers markets, legal obligations, and insurance. Join us to learn where legal risk lies and what to do to resolve it.
- Rachel Armstrong, Farm Commons
- Darlene Wolnik, Farmers Market Coalition
- Emily Spiegel, Center for Agriculture and Food Systems Vermont Law School
- Chris Van Leeuwen, Food Liability Insurance Program
Read more about the importance of farmers market insurance and mitigating risk during COVID in our interview with Chris Van Leeuwen here.
WEBINAR: Market managers are presented with the difficult task of marketing their market’s upcoming opening while also making sure they’re communicating to vendors, staff volunteers, and shoppers a myriad of new rules for operating a market during COVID-19. So, how do market managers make it all happen…and still sound hopeful and excited for the upcoming season? In this webinar, ILFMA will cover 10 tips for marketing your farmers market that you can incorporate into your PR and communications efforts right now.
WEBINAR: The California Alliance of Farmers’ Markets hosted a COVID–19 Response/Best Practices webinar. We had a panel of speakers that represented farmers‘ markets across California.
Our Call to Action: Market operators and managers everywhere, we invite you to join forces as we ~UNITE~ and ~RISE~ to the occasion of keeping our markets OPEN and SAFE.
Go here to find up-to-date COVID–19 farmers’ market resources/best practices.