Browse by Category
- Boards, Mission, and Governance (26)
- Evaluation (89)
- Farm Business and Marketing (46)
- Farm Inspection and Enforcement (27)
- Food Safety and Handling (40)
- Funding and Grants (22)
- Insurance, Liability, and Licensing (24)
- Management and Operations (114)
- Market Start-up and Development (62)
- Other (12)
- Promotion, Outreach, and Special Events (56)
- Public Policies (41)
- Rules and Vendor Applications (27)
- SNAP/EBT and Nutrition Programs (81)
- State Association Development (11)
- Vendor Fees and Market Finances (14)
Category: Management and Operations
Available literature on farmers markets in and around the City of Pittsburgh and reports on regional food and farming efforts were reviewed for this paper, focusing on studies of farmers markets in the City of Pittsburgh or production analysis across the region. Relevant research on farmers markets and market networks from across the U.S. was also examined to uncover best practices and operational solutions for a wide variety of markets.
Pittsburgh PA farmers markets clustered by type from 2018 FMC report for City of Pittsburgh.
Chapter 4 of the Washington State Farmers Market Management Toolkit
Sample Job Description from the Farmers Market Federation of NY
This report summarizes the results of two surveys conducted in early 2018 that collected information on the 2017 summer market season.
A study, funded by the City of Pittsburgh and researched and developed by the Farmers Market Coalition, which recommends actions to improve Pittsburgh-area farmers markets. These actions will increase equitable access to fresh, affordable, and culturally appropriate food, promote healthy eating choices, and support regional food producers.
This guide is intended to assist Farmers Market Managers, both new and existing in obtaining the proper zoning and health permits.
The City of Philadelphia’s guide to city services and requirements of farmers market operators.
Darlene Wolnik’s 2018 ppt for PA Farm Link’s Lunch & Learn’s series