Browse by Category
- Anti-Racism Work (25)
- Boards, Mission, and Governance (28)
- Communities of Practice (3)
- Emergency Response (61)
- Evaluation (112)
- Farm Business and Marketing (62)
- Farm Inspection and Enforcement (27)
- Food Justice (21)
- Food Safety and Handling (43)
- Funding and Grants (33)
- FMPP/LFPP (10)
- Insurance, Liability, and Licensing (27)
- Management and Operations (147)
- Market Start-up and Development (69)
- Other (13)
- Promotion, Outreach, and Special Events (74)
- Public Policies (37)
- Rules and Vendor Applications (29)
- SNAP/EBT and Nutrition Programs (119)
- State Association Development (14)
- Vendor Fees and Market Finances (14)
- Webinars (27)
Presentation for PA Farm Markets Lunch and Learn series given by Dar Wolnik
Since 2015, MIFMA has been working with Market Managers to foster a culture of data collection and to capture and evaluate their economic contributions and market impacts at a statewide level. MIFMA created the following Data Collection Toolkit for Market Managers who want to collect, analyze, and share data to advance their market’s mission.
FMC’s quick guide to the most used resources for evaluation for markets in 2023
This exercise walks farmers market operators through the process of mapping where different audiences for their data fall on a “stakeholder spectrum” to assist in determining which audiences to prioritize in their measurement and evaluation work.
2022 Presentation at OEFFA Conference: The Ohio State University, Ohio Farmers Market Network, Farmers Market Coalition
List of metrics that FMC has operationalized for use by farmers markets
The Gus Schumacher Nutrition Incentive Program (GusNIP) is designed to increase fruit and vegetable purchases and intake among consumers with a low-income, reduce food insecurity, decrease healthcare utilization and cost, and contribute to local economies. Year 2 program evaluation findings include positive economic and nutrition-related outcomes.
From Growing Hope, this Ypsilanti Farmers Market evaluation plan is an example of how to lay out all of the data collection and evaluation tools that you will use during a market season.
Quick Tips on some sections of the FMPP grant